Have you heard of SALY? SALY means Same As Last Year, and it is an unfortunate habit that accountants can fall into if they aren’t careful. In this webinar, we’ll discuss a few common Excel habits. We’ll first understand why these old habits are counterproductive and how they can hinder us from achieving the efficiency we desire. We’ll then examine the alternatives that can provide an immediate productivity boost. Join me as we learn how to break old Excel habits and stop doing things like last year.
Note: The Excel workbooks used during the webinar will be available for download in case you would like to work along with the instructor.
- Alternative to the habit of identifying transactions with cell formatting
- Alternative to the habit of using leading spaces
- Alternative to the habit of inserting blank skinny columns between data columns
- Identify how to properly indent in Excel
- Understand how to use formatting instead of blank skinny columns
- Recall how to use values instead of cell formatting to identify transactions
Who should take this course:
Accounting professionals using Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013 or Excel 2016 for Windows
Basic knowledge of Excel for Windows