U.S. citizens working and living overseas have to deal with complex tax rules that those living within the U.S. do not. Tax practitioners inevitably have one or more such individuals as clients, and as a result need to understand how US tax rules impact such individuals. This program covers these rules.
- The foreign earned income exclusion and the housing exclusion/deduction
- Tax treatment of nonresident alien spouses
- Foreign Tax Credit—foreign taxes eligible for the credit
- U.S. International Social Security Agreements
- Foreign currency exchange rules
- Procedural aspects of tax return filing
- Foreign Bank and Financial Account Reporting
- Foreign financial asset reporting
- Prepare tax practitioners to advise expatriate individuals regarding the U.S. income tax consequences of their lives outside the U.S.
Tax practitioners who advise U.S. expatriates.