In order to retain existing clients, lower fee pressures and gain invaluable referral sources, financial statement auditors must place a priority on being a value-added business advisor. This module will provide tips and techniques for helping clients improve financial reporting, operations and compliance.
- Importance of placing a priority on being a value-added business advisor
- Identifying business advisory matters
- Anticipating and preventing internal control issues related to reliable financial reporting, operational efficiency or compliance
- Communicating financial analysis
- Tips for cross-selling additional services
- Describe the importance of making value-added business advice to clients a priority
- Discuss how to build trust with the client to be a better business advisor
- Explain how to anticipate and prevent issues that could negatively impact clients
Who should take this course:
Accountants with business advisory and client service responsibilities on audit engagements.
Experience on complex audit engagements