The Best Federal Tax Update Course by Surgent McCoy (BFTU)
Wednesday, October 30, 2013
09:00 AM - 05:00 PM (Eastern)
Both business and individual clients will be affected by all of the tax changes set to occur in 2013, requiring that the tax advisor engage in extensive tax planning. Not only will you be updated on the most important tax issues that require your attention, but this course will also review the major trends and changes in the case and regulatory law. Included is full coverage of all tax changes together with continuing coverage of health care and estate and gift tax reform.
- How the changes in tax rates affect tax planning for individuals and businesses
- New tax on net investment income: planning ot avoid the pitfalls.
- Retirement plans: the best planning strategy?
- Capital gains: what tax rates apply
- Historic low interest rates: tax strategies clients should consider: how long will they remain low?
- How health care reform impacts income tax planning now and in later years
- Estate planning: current strategies
- Does the gift tax exclusion promote income shifting?
- Travel and entertainment: overlooked and overused?
- Substantiation: the Service's attack on record-keeping
- Other late-breaking tax law changes
- Practice aids, including the 2013 inflation-adjusted amounts, mileage rates, and more
- Recent developments with business entities, including C corporations, S corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies
- Review of the year’s most important tax cases, revenue rulings, PLRs, etc.
- Understand strategies and techniques to use in light of tax changes
- Understand what pass-throughs can do in light of health care and tax changes
- Understand current cases and rulings affecting individuals and businesses
CPAs who need to know the latest tax law changes in all areas of practice.
Level Of Knowledge:
Experience with individual and business clients
Field of Study: