Post-Election Year-End Tax Planning Ideas for Individuals
Date/Time: Monday, November 26, 2012, 1-3 p.m. Eastern
(see all dates)
Presenter(s): Michael Tucker, CPA, Bob Lickwar, CPA, MST
Now that the election is over and the end of the year is quickly approaching, CPAs need to discuss with clients the best tax planning strategies and ideas. There is still uncertainty as to what Congress might do, but we need to understand and communicate to clients their best options.
- Should clients accelerate or defer income or deductions in 2012?
- An in-depth discussion of how the new 3.8% Medicare tax coming into law in 2013 requires tax planning in 2012
- Is this the last year to convert an IRA to a Roth IRA?
- Should you take out distributions of your corporation's E&P before year-end?
- How should you handle capital gains and losses this year?
- Critical issues to control AGI in 2013, and what to do now
- ...and much more
- Understand the best year-end tax strategies to employ for clients
Designed For: Any tax practitioner wishing to understand and apply the top individual tax planning strategies to his or her individual clients before the end of 2012
Course Level: Intermediate
CPE Credits: 2, Taxes
Prerequisite: A basic understanding of the tax rules relating to the income taxation of individuals
Advance Preparation: None