SURGENT McCOY LIVE WEBINARS
Frequently Asked Questions - Technical Support
- Who do I contact if I need technical support?
- Can I test my system before the webinar?
- I am having trouble accessing the webinars. What could be wrong?
- My audio is not working. What could the reason be?
- What if I get disconnected during the webinar?
- How do I enter the webinar?
- What is the control panel?
- How do I exit a webinar?
- What are the system requirements for attending a webinar?
- Do I have to test my system prior to the webinar?
- Can I view Surgent webinars on my iPad, iPhone, or Android?
- Can I view Surgent webinars on my Kindle Fire?
- How are questions submitted to the presenter during the webinar?
- Do I need a microphone to participate in the webinar?
1. Who do I contact if I need technical support?
Please call Surgent at (800) 778-7436.
2. Can I test my system before the webinar?
Yes. this is highly recommended. To test your system at any time,
3. I am having trouble accessing the webinars. What could be wrong?
It may be due to your workplace security or firewall settings. Please contact
your firm's IT department or call Surgent at (800) 778-7436.
4. My audio is not working. What could the reason be?
Check your computer's volume by clicking the speaker icon at the bottom of
your screen to make sure your system's volume isn't muted. Also, make sure
your speakers are turned on and adjust the volume. If you are still experiancing
problems, please contact your firm's IT department, or call Surgent at (800)
5. What if I get disconnected during the webinar?
Simply connect to the Internet again and follow the instructions under "Entering
the Webinar on the Day of the Event" in the email instructions
from Surgent McCoy.
6. How do I enter the webinar?
The day before the course, you will receive an email from Surgent McCoy with detailed
instructions relating to the webinar. This email includes a link to enter
the webinar on the day of the event.
7. What is the Attendee Control Panel?
Once you have joined the webinar, you will see the Attendee Control Panel
on the right side of the screen. It contains panes that can be expanded or
collapsed by clicking the +/- on the left side of each pane. Included in
the control panel is the "questions" pane, in which attendees can
type questions to submit to the presenters.
8. How do I exit a webinar?
On the "File" menu, select "Exit - Leave Webinar."
9. What are the system requirements for attending a webinar?
For PC-based participants:
- Internet Explorer® 6.0 or newer, Mozilla® Firefox® 3.0 or newer
- Windows® 2000, XP, 2003 Server, Vista or Windows® 7
- Cable modem, DSL, or better Internet connection
- Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (recommended) (2
GB of RAM for Windows® Vista)
For Mac®-based participants:
- Mac OS® X 10.4 or newer – Tiger®, Leopard® and Snow Leopard®
- PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor (512 MB of RAM or better recommended)
- Cable modem, DSL, or better Internet connection
For iPad, iPhone, and Android users:
- Download the GoToMeeting app on your mobile device (complete instructions for mobile device users can be found below).
Participants will also need functioning speakers to listen to the audio presentation.
10. Do I have to test my system prior to the webinar?
While it is not required, it is recommended. Some companies and
firms have firewalls and security measures in place that may make connection
difficult. While this can be corrected with the help of your IT department,
this needs to be done before the webinar. If not, you or your group may
not be able to earn the full amount of CPE credit. To test your system at any time through GoToMeeting,
11. Can I view Surgent webinars on my iPad, iPhone, or Android?
Surgent McCoy webinars can be viewed on most iOS and Android devices through the GoToMeeting app. To view our webinars on your mobile tablet or phone, follow these instructions:
- Download and Install the GoToMeeting app on your mobile device.
- Access your email from Surgent McCoy on your mobile device.
- Click (or tap) where it says “Click here to enter the webinar.” Your polling web page will be launched in a web browser.
- On the polling web page, click “Please click here to access your webinar.”
- Enter your name and email address. Click “Join Webinar In Progress.”
- The Citrix GoToMeeting app will automatically open and you will join the webinar.
- When a polling word is announced, return to polling web page in your web browser and select the word announced. Then click “Enter polling word.” ***Please note the webinar audio will stop while your web browser is displayed.
- Return to the GoToMeeting app to resume the webinar.
Some webinar functions are disabled in the Citrix GoToMeeting app. Click here for more information on viewing webinars on mobile devices:
12. Can I view Surgent webinars on my Kindle Fire?
No, at this time Surgent webinars cannot be viewed on that device.
13. How are questions submitted to the presenter during the webinar?
You can type questions to the presenter using the online "question" pane. For
group settings, one person can submit any questions from the group. The
presenter will answer as many questions as possible during one or more designated
Q&A sessions during the webinar.
14. Do I need a microphone to participate in the webinar?
No. Participants cannot talk to the presenters -- all questions are typed
on-screen. So, no microphones are needed for attendees.