Doing Business in Canada, Eh?
Opportunities for cross-border work between the United States and Canada, the largest trading partner of the U.S., are abundant. With this comes a unique challenge for CPAs, as they must be able to navigate their clients though different regulations required by Canada. Many tax practitioners are currently advising clients who are doing business in Canada or plan to do business in Canada in the future, but with constantly changing guidelines, issues can arise.
That is why Surgent is excited to announce a new 4-hour webinar that further explores doing business in Canada. BDO Canada's Harry Chana and Brian Morcombe will be on hand to break the issues down and answer any questions you might have. This webinar will give an overview of the Canadian system of taxation and other regulatory concerns for any U.S. company entering the Canadian market.
The webinar will take place on Nov. 12, from 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. EDT. Major topics include:
- Overview of Canadian tax system
- Withholding obligations for non-residents providing services in Canada
- Canadian Voluntary Disclosure Program
- Thin Capitalization—the Canadian approach
- Inter-corporate loans and the Canadian income tax consequences
- Recent federal budget international measures
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)/ Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) overview
- Common GST/HST errors, exposure issues, and resolutions
- Application of Quebec Sales Tax (QST) to non-residents
- When is registration typically required in Quebec
- Provincial Sales Tax (PST) considerations
The webinar is IRS-qualified, requires no advanced preparation and is worth four credit hours. You won't want to miss this important webinar regarding doing business in Canada - purchase and secure your spot today!