- Internet: For our webinars, we recommend having an Ethernet connection. Wi-Fi is not as fast nor is it as reliable as a hardwired connection. We recommend you use hard wired connections (LAN) to minimize bandwidth fluctuations that can cause audio/video breaks
- Network Speed: Because the webinars are high in bandwidth due to audio and video streaming, you will need a strong internet connection to successfully view the webinar.
Go to http://www.speedtest.net/. The test will show you the following things:
Your Download speed, which should be at least 10 mbps.
Your Upload speed, which should be at least 5mbps.
Please note: We recommend much higher speeds than these if possible, but customers have successfully viewed our webinars using connections with these speeds.
- Browser: Use either Internet Explorer or Google Chrome for you internet browser for the webinar. Customers accessing our webinars using other browsers, such as Firefox and Safari, tend to encounter more technical difficulties during webinars than Explorer and Chrome.
- Adobe Flash Player: For Chrome, the flash player automatically updates, but please type (or copy & paste) the following into the address bar: chrome://plugins/
Ensure that the option for Adobe Flash Player is enabled (if it is not, you will see an option to enable it) and ensure the box is checked next to “Always allowed to run.”
For Explorer, please go to the Adobe website and install the very latest version of the Flash player. Go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and click on “Install Now.” Please note, you will need to restart the computer to complete the installation.
- Computer: For the optimum experience, a computer or laptop with a hardwired internet connection is recommended. Though a mobile app is available, we do not recommend it as a first choice option. While a computer is designed to handle high capacities, mobile apps cannot handle large activities, and tend to fail more often than activities that take place on a computer. Both Mac OS X and Windows 7 (& up) are supported.
- Plan Ahead! Please prepare your browser downloads, Adobe updates, software updates, and other such things before the day of the webinar. Planning ahead may help you to identify an issue before you encounter it during your webinar. If you believe you have a suitable computer with the minimum requirements described above and want to verify, please try this Webinar Conference test by going to https://www.omnovia.com/pages/sc2/tester.html?serverIP=vs123.omnovia.com&connectionProtocol=2