In this Expert Insights interview session, nationally known CPA and Forbes tax policy commentator Tony Nitti speaks with Surgent’s VP of Content Amy Plent about the tax policies and proposals at play in the 2016 presidential election—what we know, what we can read between the lines, and what we haven’t heard a word about—as well as the potential changes to taxation depending on presidential and congressional election outcomes, and the practical implications for taxpayers and CPAs.
Filmed before the election, this broadcast serves not only as a guide to candidate positions but as a useful post-election resource for predicting potential tax proposals and identifying key concerns.
- Proposed changes to individual tax brackets, deductions, and exemptions
- Capital gains and estate tax proposals
- Corporate tax proposals
- Potential changes to international taxation
- Understand the key components of major candidate proposal
- Be able to identify likely tax outcomes of the various post-election scenarios, and the practical impacts for CPAs and their clients
CPA tax preparers in industry
Working knowledge of tax preparation and planning